Clive Randall, Technical Advisor of the CDP and Director of the Materials Research Institute at the Pennsylvania State University was recently named Honorary Fellow of the The European Ceramic Society (ECerS). ECerS is a non-governmental, non-profit federation of national ceramic societies each representing the ceramists of a member country. The ECerS was established in 1987 in order to coordinate and promote the study of ceramics and in particular:
- To encourage education, training and research.
- To consult with and bring together individuals and representatives of members, research establishments, academic bodies and institutions of governments and other bodies including the Commission of the European Community.
- To collect, disseminate and exchange information with other organizations
- To promote planning, promotion and organization of conferences and meetings
- To procure planning, printing, publication and circulation of technical papers
Every two years the ECerS organizes a general Conference in one of the member countries. Join the center directors, members and students in congratulating Dr. Randall on his prestigious award.